10.8.11

The Summer of Fortune Cookies!

Oh, what do I say about this summer?

It has been the longest, hottest, driest, most lonely summers of all time.  
 
Here is a short run-down:
1,000,000 fortune cookies brought home by my brother from Panda Express.  Okay, maybe not a million BUT we have a whole drawer full of fortune cookies and fortune papers littering the front room.

2 ½ months with only one night of rainfall.   Instead of reading road billboards saying that there is an accident on 9000 South, we have signs reading extreme wildfire danger and extreme drought conditions.

67 days living in Texas without my baby.

39 consecutive days of enduring the blistering heat of temperatures over 100 degrees.

2 visits from Adam to Texas to keep me company.

1 trip to Utah for the 4th of July for an AWESOME weekend!

1 new big girl job.

BUT all of this doesn’t compare to

1 day away from Adam moving down to Texas to stay forever!

I can't believe it, it is finally the home stretch! I can’t wait for Friday! Adam and Cole (his brother) will be arriving from their cross country road trip.  Adam took 2 finals Wednesday morning, packed up the car, went and visited family, and then started their drive from Salt Lake City, UT, then venting down to St. George, UT, then moseying through Arizona, then flying on through to the home-stretch to end destination of our apartment in Texas! 

He will be arriving in just the right amount of time.  Our one year anniversary is already this Sunday! I can’t believe it, time has flown.  We have been through some highs and lows but everything has made us just that much stronger!  I am so happy and grateful to have a man like Adam by my side forever and always.  Thank you for always being patient and understanding with me.  Adam, you really are my best friend.  I love you so much and I can’t wait for you to get here and keep me company!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm glad you guys are being reunited! Happy early anniversary!
    -Kim Walker (it wouldn't let me post under my blogger account)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog Joanie! I loved reading it-you should go into journalism. We are so excited for you both to be together in one place-finally! Happy 1 Yr. anniversary!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. yipee! I'm so excited for you and so proud of you!! You made it through the summer and its going to get so much better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss you guys, but I'm so happy that you'll finally get to be together again! I hope you have an awesome anniversary!

    P.S. I sent cake balls down with the boys for you guys to have for your anniversary...so if none show up, you know who to blame...;)

    ReplyDelete